Your prospect has become a Customer! Congratulations!
Getting her off on the best foot is your priority right now. To that end, there are a few basic things you will want to remember to do:
1. Change the name of your new customer’s Info Chat to Success Chat. This will help you and your Coach identify people who have already ordered as separate from prospects who have yet to. If the person becomes a Distributor right off the bat as opposed to a Customer, put the word SUCCESS in all caps.
2. Add your customer to the product support page that your team uses! There are quite a few of these, so just ask your Coach which page you should use.
Let your Customer know that she can engage in the product support page, and that it (and you!) are there for her product related success. Sometimes I point out how to search for recipes or food prep tips within the page.
3. In her Success Chat, send the following link to your new Customer and ask her to look it over as it will set her up for amazing success and help her prepare: www.thesupersimplesystem.com/so-you-just-ordered
4. Prepare your new Customer to hear from Xander soon. Remind her that he’s responsive and helpful.
5. Stay in touch with your Customer every day from the day you take her order to Day 9 after her 8 Day Challenge.
6. If she has troubles on her 8 Day Challenge, send your Customer this link: www.thesupersimplesystem.com/troubleshooting.
7. As the completion of your Customer’s 8 Day Challenge nears, schedule a Day 9 call for, you guessed it, Day 9! Talk about the importance of AutoShip, and help her adjust hers.
8. Ask your Customer to post her results to FB! She can always decline, but you won’t know until you ask. So many people are willing!
9. Help your Customer prepare for what lies beyond the first 8 days by sending her this link: www.thesupersimplesystem.com/after-the-8-day-challenge.
10. Continue to check in on your Customer weekly for the first few months and then monthly after that.
If your Customer becomes a Distributor, click here to learn how to support them then!